HOW DO YOU COMPARE?
Concentrate has gathered eight years of benchmarking data about the sales and marketing approaches of Kiwi tech companies. We can compare your company’s approach against best practice and provide recommendations for improvement.
Would you like to find out what your company is doing right and what your company can improve on when it comes to sales and marketing?
EIGHT YEARS OF DATA
Our benchmarking service is based on eight years of data from our Market Measures study and engagements with over 150 New Zealand technology companies.
We have eight years’ worth of data on how New Zealand technology companies take their innovations to global markets. We have analysed the unique attributes of the highest performing firms, compared Kiwi technology companies against their US counterparts and tested a variety of lead generation tactics with our customers. The result is a series of insights into what sales and marketing factors really make a difference.
HERE ARE SOME USEFUL BENCHMARKS
- 41% turnover growth by Kiwi tech companies in 2015
- 28% use a sales partner in export markets
- 90% sell B2B
- 5.9 months is the average lead time
- 93% of USA tech firms say they use content marketing
- 44% of tech startups are already exporting
- 34% is the average sales and marketing expense
- 39% sell to the manufacturing sector
- 20% use HubSpot marketing automation
- Concentrate customers achieve an average of 40 leads per month
TYPICAL BENCHMARKS CLIENTS REQUEST
- Pricing strategy
- Distribution model
- Reseller margin
- Average sales lead time
- Sales and marketing spend
- Lead generation tactical mix
- Social media platform use
- Marketing automation use
- Content production types
- Content production frequency
Market Measures Report 2016
Results from the 2016 Market Measures Survey.Click to Download
Tech companies: How much should you invest in Sales and Marketing?
A breakdown of sales and marketing spend of Kiwi tech companies in 2015.Click to Download
Tech companies: how much should you invest in sales and marketing?
Sales and marketing spend of Kiwi tech companies in 2014.Click to Download
Tech Companies: Who wants to buy NZ’s technology products?
InfographicClick to Download