HubSpot CRM platform sweeter for Assurity Consulting
From disparate systems to 'a single source of truth for sales activities and forecasting'
About Assurity Consulting
Assurity Consulting (Assurity) is a well-established and successful Digital Transformation Consulting business specialising in test and assurance services, business analysis, design thinking and ways of working. Established in 2005, Assurity employs over 150 talented consultants who work from New Zealand’s three major cities: Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
Known as advocates across NZ for the importance of digital transformation in the workplace, when Assurity’s own processes became affected by an outdated CRM, it was time to make a change.
A CRM interface not ‘up to muck’
The key challenge Assurity faced prior to engaging Concentrate was that its existing CRM solution was outdated, difficult to use and lacked company buy-in. “The main challenge was the user interface wasn’t user-friendly and engaging,” Cassandra Powell, GM of Marketing at Assurity, explains. “This caused a lot of resistance from the users which meant we couldn’t capture the useful insights and data we needed about our clients, defeating the core purpose of our CRM investment.”
As a result sales and marketing teams began using different platforms to support their role requirements, furthering the communication silos between teams. With no platform integrations, visibility across customers was becoming a growing pain point for Assurity’s sales and marketing teams making it difficult to track and monitor lead activities and engagement. “We would then have to a do a lot of additional manual work outside the CRM to share relevant information about our customers between teams,” says Cassandra. “It was creating a lot of frustration and loss of productivity.”
When the contract for the current CRM system was due to expire, Assurity decided to investigate other solutions.
In a new system, Assurity was looking for:
- A simple, modern user interface
- A fully integrated CRM, marketing and sales solution
- Advanced automation capabilities
- Simple data aggregation and dashboarding
After evaluating three CRM platforms, the Assurity team settled on HubSpot as it proved it could:
- Provide sales and marketing with a unified view of all sales lead activities.
- Provide useful insights related to sales effectiveness, conversion rate, campaign ROI, etc.
- Automate the end-to-end campaign management process.
"It's very easy for the marketing team to share insights with the sales team. All three branches, whether they're organising or having their sales meetings, they use HubSpot as a single source of truth for all their sales activities and forecasting. It's a big win for us."
GM of Marketing, Assurity
The HubSpot CRM platform and an experienced migration partner
Assurity selected Concentrate as its migration partner after positive recommendations from both HubSpot and a Concentrate customer.
After initial workshops with the Assurity team, we proposed a two-pronged implementation approach to successfully onboard Assurity to the HubSpot CRM platform; first migrating the existing CRM data to the HubSpot CRM and then using that data to implement both Sales Hub Professional for sales enablement, and then Marketing Hub Professional for marketing automation.
By taking this approach we hoped to achieve Assurity’s goals to:
- Help sales and marketing teams work efficiently together
- Give visibility into all sales lead activities in and between teams
- Automate the end-to-end campaign management process
For both the HubSpot CRM platform migration and Sales Hub implementation we followed a use-case based methodology to ensure the outcome provided would meet end user expectations.
Use cases are used to identify, clarify, and organise user system requirements. Our approach consisted of:
- Completing an implementation workshop with the primary users to map out their use-cases for the HubSpot CRM and Sales Hub.
- Configuring the HubSpot CRM system and loading existing CRM data, (leads, contacts, companies, and sales opportunities).
- Completing further workshops to work through the agreed use-cases using the configured HubSpot CRM.
- Conducting training and support.
After phase one was complete we then worked with the Assurity team to implement HubSpot Marketing Hub. We followed our typical implementation process that includes the:
- Installation of HubSpot Marketing Hub – setting up all technical requirements, permissions and teams
- Integration with HubSpot Marketing Hub – migrating any existing website forms or blogs into the HubSpot platform
- Establishing the HubSpot database – property creation, list creation and segmentation
- Connecting marketing channels – linking any known social media or PPC (pay per click) accounts
- Setting up email marketing functionality – creating emails and checking segmentation features
- Creating metrics and performance dashboards – setting up the tracking of traffic, website, and social media analytics
- Developing email and landing page templates - aligning with the Assurity brand guidelines
Better team buy-in and greater customer visibility
From a CRM system employees would avoid to one they now use daily, the Assurity team are only scratching the surface of positive results from their HubSpot CRM platform migration.
“One of the biggest benefits that we’ve seen is a massive adoption of our teams now using our CRM daily,” says Cassandra. “All three branches, whether they’re organising or having their sales meetings, they use HubSpot as a single source of truth for all their sales activities and forecasting. It’s a big win for us.”
On the other side, Assurity has also seen a lot more interaction between the sales and marketing teams because all activity is captured and rolled out within the HubSpot platform. “It’s very easy for the marketing team to share insights with the sales team,” says Cassandra.
To working with Concentrate Cassandra says, “Overall our team really enjoyed working with the team at Concentrate. From the pre-sales process through to the project implementation the whole end-to-end process was really smooth.”
“The team were very understanding in terms of meeting our requirements and our sometimes, very tricky timeline and key milestones,” says Cassandra. Adding, “Throughout the whole process Concentrate have always been really helpful and very open to sharing their knowledge and advice with us. We have no hesitation referring Concentrate to others looking to migrate onto the HubSpot CRM platform.”
Concentrate, a HubSpot Elite Partner, has worked with hundreds of B2B technology companies across virtually every industry and geography. The largest B2B tech focussed HubSpot agency in Australia and New Zealand, we’re well versed at helping tech companies achieve their goals on the world stage.
If you’re interested in migrating to or implementing the HubSpot CRM Platform or subsequent HubSpot Hubs, please get in touch. We can help you, make it happen.